Views

Saturday 24 May 2014

The Warlands Estate Parish Council Meeting (coming soon)

[UPDATE2] -- Tuesday 27/5 1749pm  I have now received some professional input on the Housing Needs Survey.  As I suspected, you could drive a coach and horses through it with many, many quite basic and significant errors and anomalies.  Because SPC refused to revisit the validity of the Housing Needs Survey despite asking them three times, once, formally, in writing, and despite two public meetings telling SPC that they do not agree with the findings of the survey, I submitted last weekend a Freedom of Information request to the SPC.  They have 20 working days in which to answer.  I will publish that FOI request here before close on Thursday along with some of the comments about the document itself.

Note: The cut-off date is 30th May (Friday) and you have all day Friday to get your comments in on the Internet.  You can, of course, send by mail and you can send in your neighbours' comments if they don't have access to the Internet.  Also please note that you may send further comments in even if you have already sent your comments.  The Planning Department recognise that this is a contentious application and they are likely to accept comments right up until they make their decision.  They are not obliged to, but they are likely to.  You can also phone or visit them (Seaclose, by appointment); they are generally very approachable and accessible.  I will post again on Thursday with an update.

[UPDATE1] -- Monday 26/5 1751pm I am waiting for some information that won't be available until tomorrow, today being a Bank Holiday I will have to wait.  If you leave your email in the box on the first page, you will get an automatic email - I don't have access to your address, or if I do, I don't know how to access it so it is quite private!  Or email me to seraphinaoflondon@gmail.com to be added to my mailing list used ONLY for updates on local issues. Another way is to use the RSS feed.

I shall be reporting on the Warlands Estate Public Meeting and the Parish Council meeting soon but there is a lot of material to digest first.  If you have anything to add please email me seraphinaoflondon@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. David, will you be adding your weight by making an objection on the IW Council planning application before the close of day on Friday? I do hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's up there. I had hoped to publish some more advice I have received but t'was not to be. I will upload the FOI info tomorrow. There seems no doubt at all that the Sustainable Housing Survey is invalid and not fit to be used for Planning purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you David. And thank you for being such a Champion! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll second that - your guidance on here has been such a great help. Will keep on spreading the word of your web site. Keep in touch. Kirstie and Bob Bagshaw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for your kind words. I will keep you up to date. I might need some help on the validity of the Housing Needs Survey. We'll see what Susannah comes up with next week. Essentially her hands are tied, I think, I'm sure she would help if she felt that she could. Pam is in Spain and she wields the birch! (Sorry, Pam, figuratively meant!) The FOI should provide us with all the evidence we need to prove that the HNS is not a usable document for this purpose.

      Of course we don't need the permission of the Shalfleet Parish Council to hold a public meeting, or to put out hands up! :-0

      Delete
    2. OK - considering the number of houses that were notified by letter of the proposed development, the number of comments that were submitted by the 30th May, wasn't bad. Thought I would just make you laugh - but the Council are not cutting the grass on the main Village Green ... because of lack of funding!! It is already about 2ft tall.

      Delete